HIPS is a 100% recyclable material and is identified by the resin ID code ‘6’
As HIPS is a type of thermoplastic that can be shaped easily using heat, it can be recycled into a wide variety of applications
HIPS is often specified for low strength structural applications when impact resistance, machinability, and low cost are required. It is frequently used machining pre-production prototypes since it has excellent dimensional stability and is easy to fabricate, paint, and glue
A versatile, cost-effective, impact-resistant material, which is easy to vacuum form, extrude, bend and mold into shape. It boasts extreme malleability and can be re-molded over and over, making it environmentally friendly, as it can be recycled
What Is HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene)
- it is easy to machine and fabricate.
- it is a good insulator.
- it is FDA compliant.
- it is sturdy and durable with strong impact resistance.
- it is easily processed.
- it is easy to paint and glue.
- it has a relatively low cost.
Advantages of HIPS
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) is an economical and versatile plastic.
- It shows good impact resistance, dimensional stability and can be easily molded.
- It is glossy in nature and easily processable.
- It can be easily painted thanks to its amorphous structure.